Cruising to Alaska...with an 8 month old!

I always loved talking to co-workers and friends about our upcoming cruise to Alaska. They would say, oh are you taking your daughter? Yes, I am taking my daughter, of course. They would look at me not sure what to say. I think in their head they thought, why? Why would you think about taking an 8 month old on a 7 day Cruise to Alaska and spend several days in Seattle as well. The answer (besides the fact my mom, dad, and sister were coming) is that we want to start her young with traveling. We never thought twice about asking the other set of grandparents to watch her.

We flew using Southwest which was outstanding. You need the birth certificate for the lap child to show when you check-in. The 2- free luggage is such a plus that it helps you not stress over paying fees. I will say, traveling with breast milk was a pain, but really not as bad as it could have been. Expect 5-10 minutes of extra TSA time just based on that and how much you have with you. The entire flight, our daughter, Isla, wanted to smile at everyone around her and socialize. So it was a fun flight. We did get stuck in Denver overnight, so having no extra clothes of our own and a child without a pack'n'play was made so much better by going to Marriott there who when I called offered up the pack'n'play immediately and was in the room waiting for us when we arrived at midnight. THANK YOU MARRIOTT!

We get to Seattle and spend a couple days exploring. What a beautiful and gorgeous place! The weather was excellent in July. I would say perfect weather. We spent 2 days prior to the cruise here visiting with family. We had the inside track on the places to see. We went to a winery, falls, parks, downtown area, and loved the Kirkland area where we stayed. What a neat area to live and glad we have family that live there to visit again. I will follow up on the next blog about the cruise. I really have to say this is a great city to have a port since there is so much to do.

Golf Course for Dinner

Snoqualmie Falls


Pike Place Market

View from Kerry Park



Comments