The Lows of Building a Home

People tell you building is hard. We hadn't fully experienced it until the last 3- 4 weeks of the home process. My husband and I avidly check on the home, we avidly discuss with the field manager and get updates from him. The last 2 weeks has been the worst. We are T-8 days from closing and here are the items that still need done.
  1. Carpeting in main room/closet
  2. Appliances are not installed
  3. GAS LINE IS NOT IN THE GROUND!
  4. Concrete just got done yesterday (t-9 days)
  5. No Grass/grading yet due to gas line
It has been frustrating because I consistently ask about these items and get told they will be done XX date and then the date passes by. 

We hired a private inspection company because this is always a good idea since you want independent review of someone else's work. We obviously would like the gas line checked, we obviously would like appliances checked. The inspection is tomorrow----with the above items not complete. It was actually supposed to be done yesterday, however, I moved it because I wanted more items done and was promised the appliances would be in and gas line, etc. 

So here is the lows of building, all items are out of your control and you just have to hope and pray that everything ends up okay. I was laughing hysterically with my husband at one point tonight as I drank a glass of wine...because in this situation, that is all you can do. Build a house they said.....it would be fun they said. :) 

Comments